Catholic Community of St. Jude at 801 North Bridge Street, DeWitt, MI 48820 US - Health Ministry
Shawl and Quilters Ministries, Blood Pressure Screenings, Blood Drives, CPR Training
Coordinator: Terry Humenik, R.N.
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org phone at (517) 669-8341 x 18
Health Ministry is a group of health professionals and others interested in health promotion within the parish community. They are committed to serve the parish through education, health promotion and collaboration that incorporates the body - mind - spirit, whole person approach.
For additional information or to become involved in this ministry, contact Terry Humenik, R.N. (517) 896-4989 or at email@example.com.
- The goal is to assist individuals and the community in achieving improved wellness though self-improvement and self empowerment.
- They provide free blood pressure screening after all masses one weekend each month.
- They also assist mentally and physically challenged residents of a nearby adult foster care home to get to Sunday Mass.
- The parish Nurse is available to assist parishioners in obtaining referral and resource information regarding any health concerns.
Blood pressures will be taken the *fourth weekend of each month after all the masses.
* Exceptions exist where there are Holiday weekends, please see the parish Calendar for each month for exact dates.
How is God calling You to Serve?
We have an opportunity to choose how to serve God and one another in our parish community. Some opportunities to consider:
- Help with the disabled at 11:oo Mass on Sundays. Residents of a nearby adult foster care home need our help to get their wheelchairs into their van and then to get into church and to communion and back home again. Our help makes it possible for them to be a part of our parish. If you would like to help call Terry Humenik 896-4989 or 669-8335 ext 18 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eucharistic Ministers to the Homebound bring the Eucharist to those who are ill, recovering from surgery or have mobility difficulties. Members of our parish bring communion to them on weekends after Masses to share the Body of Christ and to visit with them, keeping them informed of events in the parish. If you are interested in doing this as your schedule permits, contact Terry Humenik 896-4989 or 669-8335 ext 18 or email@example.com
- Attention Physicians and Nurses: Your help is needed in our monthly blood pressure screenings. We often find people who are unaware of their hypertension during screening. We also help parishioners monitor their blood pressure to maintain their health. You can be scheduled to help as your time allows. Contact Terry Humenik 896-4989 or 669-8335 ext 18 or firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer
There are many ways each of us can grow in our faith and in community with others. Please consider how you can grow as a disciple of Christ by your participation in the functions of our parish community.
Home Health Equipment Available
Several pieces of home health equipment have been donated to the parish loan closet including commodes, shower chairs, toilet riser, wheelchairs and walkers. If you know of someone who has a need for the use of any of these items please call the parish office.